Global launch of world-first light adapting contact lens
Supporting salesforce, optometrists and retail technical staff at the launch of a new product
Flexible, adaptable, rapid delivery across multiple audiences
Insitu worked with Johnson & Johnson Vision to support the launch of a unique contact lens product that darkens and lightens in response to changing levels of light.
Building on our extensive knowledge and experience working with the eye care industry, we delivered learning programmes that would engage and inform the global sales team, optometry and ophthalmology professionals, and technical staff in external retail partners.
After completing the programme, learners were well-equipped to explain and discuss new language and concepts around visual comfort, the chemistry of photochromic reactions, hazards of blue light in the visible light spectrum, and the characteristics and performance benefits of the new contact lens.
The launch of ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ Light Intelligent Technology™ was the result of more than a decade of research and development by Johnson & Johnson Vision and Transitions Optical and signalled a breakthrough in light management technology within a contact lens product.
This first-of-its-kind product presented a number of challenges including:
- Designing a learning framework for a global delivery, ensuring the content and approach was well-matched to the needs of different audience groups.
- Explaining the science behind the technology of photochromic molecules and their chemical reaction to light.
- Discussing a new patient need state, with new language and concepts to describe visual comfort beyond visual acuity.
- Meeting tight delivery schedules for national sales meetings and roll-out to healthcare professionals and retailers.
In order to meet these challenges, our team worked with key client contacts, as well as external agencies responsible for different aspects of the launch, to deliver a highly engaging and effective structured learning programme.
In under six months we:
- Evaluated the current knowledge base of the sales force to inform the design of a learning framework using microlearning, elearning and video to support sales force before and after attending face-to-face training at national sales meetings.
- Delivered a suite of five elearning modules translated into nine languages, with all 45 modules available to the global sales team before launch day.
- Produced a series of FAQ videos using user generated video from sales force and product team members around the world to answer common questions and personalise the learning for different regions.
- Created technical training programmes for optometrists and ophthalmologists
- Working with national optical retailers, produced streamlined training programmes for technical staff in stores.
- Operated online project collaboration tools to ensure that Insitu had rapid access to the product launch manager, salesforce training team, brand managers, and product scientists at Johnson & Johnson Vision, allowing us to flexibly and rapidly adapt to constantly changing information, delivery schedules and product requirements as the launch programme was developed.